The Columbus Municipal School District has agreed to a settlement with former superintendent Martha Liddell, a move that cancels a termination hearing that was scheduled for later this month and brings to an official end Liddell's employment with the district.
Approximately 200 residents were evacuated from their homes in Artesia earlier this morning after a suspected gas line break.
The Columbus Police Department has added six officers to the force. Kenyada Blair, Colson Eller, Roger Lewis, Claude Long, Matthew Schober and Charles Yarbrough were sworn in Monday night at the Trotter Convention Center along with officers joining police departments in Starkville and West Point.
The Golden Triangle Development Link has agreed to partner with a committee exploring economic development potential for city property on the Island.
Starkville aldermen increased the pay for an empty position Tuesday when it approved a search for its next chief administrative officer. The position was previously held by Lynn Spruill from the Camp administration until July when she was ousted by the new board of aldermen.
We begin with two items coming from 18th Avenue North in Columbus. You may have noticed that CJ's Pizza in Towne Square has been closed this week. Here's why: the owners of the pizzeria and CJ's Italian Bistro are combining the restaurants. Beginning next week it will be one restaurant: CJ's Pizza & Bistro.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY