Food stamp recipients should be able to use their debit-style cards in grocery stores now that vendor Xerox Corp. has restored service after a system outage that affected people across 17 states.
Major Andrews IV is a third of the way through the design process for what will be a refurbished Trotter Convention Center.
The Lowndes County School District is planning to spend millions of dollars, but it won't cost taxpayers any additional money, at least not initially.
The small business Les Pogue began in Columbus recently is one most people will never have a need for. The few who do have a need for it, might not seek it out. What Pogue offers is something for pilots called "upset recovery training."
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors President Orlando Trainer says OCH Regional Medical Center's recent scale back with employee salary and work hours highlights the need to put the business through an independent financial analysis, a step required by law before a taxpayer-owned health care facility can be sold.
1. Habitat for Humanity provides home for beloved CHS manager COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shots fired at Columbus Sprint Mart COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY