For thousands of years, farmers have studied the sky, wondering when the next rain will fall. This growing season, Lowndes County farmers haven't had to do much wondering.
Columbus sales tax receipts for this month are up $17,330.92 from last July, ending a string of eight months where collections were down.
Technological advances in computer hardware and software have so come fast and furious over the past decades that they've even carved out a place in our language with idioms like "There's an app for that."
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY