Among the unknown Confederate soldiers buried beneath Magnolia trees in Friendship Cemetery last week, Matt Garner took a picture at sunrise. It was dark when he arrived. A page designer for The Dispatch, Garner often visits the cemetery in his off time to take photographs.
A committee of city and county officials formed earlier this year to discuss development possibilities for the Island wants to bring the Golden Triangle Development Link to the table.
With the threat of severe weather, many parents and local organizations are rethinking their Halloween plans. The chance of rain tonight is 100 percent with wind gusts as high as 25 mph, according to the latest National Weather Service update at press time.
Ask Starkville Fire Marshal Mark McCurdy if he believes the city's fire sprinkler ordinance is effective and he'll give you a resounding "Yes."
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY