Early last month, Lawrence Transit System officials told Columbus councilmen a public transportation system would begin operating in the city in three to four weeks.
A group of citizens is hoping to bring a charter school to Columbus as early as the upcoming school year. Led by retired businessman Claude Simpson and pastor Darren Leach of Genesis Church, the Columbus Coalition for Educational Options was established to give children another option besides public school.
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle will be hosting a breast cancer luncheon Wednesday as part of its ongoing series during October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Food stamp recipients should be able to use their debit-style cards in grocery stores now that vendor Xerox Corp. has restored service after a system outage that affected people across 17 states.
Major Andrews IV is a third of the way through the design process for what will be a refurbished Trotter Convention Center.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY