Starkville aldermen unanimously tasked Community Developer William Snowden with reviewing the city's sidewalk and landscaping ordinances after two representatives --Ward 2's Lisa Wynn and Ward 3's David Little -- said the rules place unfair, economic development-prohibiting burdens on property owners.
Congress plunged the nation into a partial government shutdown today as a long-running dispute over President Barack Obama's health care law stalled a temporary funding bill, forcing about 800,000 federal workers off the job and suspending most non-essential federal programs and services.
Columbus residents can expect two new dining options to open on Highway 45 North, one offering old-fashioned hamburgers and the other providing a sports-themed grill and bar.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY