An impassioned plea from a state representative on the steps of City Hall, 19 residents' demands for transparency and a last-second recusal from Mayor Parker Wiseman could not save Chief Administrative Officer Lynn Spruill's job Tuesday.
The Starkville Board of Aldermen voted 5-2 Tuesday night to override mayor Parker Wisemen's veto of the board's previous decision to fire the city's chief administrative officer, Lynn Spruill.
Columbus councilmen are expected to consider a lease agreement and compensation for J5 Broaddus, the company they hired July 2 as the city's project manager, when they meet 5 p.m. today at the municipal complex.
Golden Triangle Regional Airport will be among several in Mississippi to benefit from a grant approved by U.S. legislators Monday. The U.S. Senate approved the Federal Aviation Administration Modernization and Reform Act, created to facilitate long-term aviation planning by the FAA.
The Columbus Municipal School District will have to wait another two months before it learns if it will receive the help of one of the 24 reading coaches recently approved to help failing districts.
Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors President Orlando Trainer asked fellow supervisors Monday to come to the 9 a.m. Aug. 5 county meeting prepared to discuss a 50-year lease proposal for OCH Regional Medical Center previously offered by Capella Healthcare.
1. Habitat for Humanity provides home for beloved CHS manager COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shots fired at Columbus Sprint Mart COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY