Sanders Oil Company has been sold. Word of the sale of the longtime Columbus company had been whispered for several weeks. The details were finalized Monday morning, according to Will Sanders, the company's vice president. The buyer was Midstates Petroleum Company in Vernon, Ala.
A dilapidated property has morphed into a unique problem for Lowndes County leaders. Thomas Kyle, who lives at 245 Belle Circle, threatened to sue a contractor trying to clean his property, which is littered with old tires, scrap, assorted junk items and trash. The contractor was there by Lowndes County board of supervisor order.
A record number of first-time freshmen are enrolled at Mississippi State University for the fall 2013 semester.
In commemoration of 9/11, Starkville groups are teaming to pay tribute to local first responders. Mississippi State's Maroon Volunteer Center and Volunteer Starkville are hosting events today and Wednesday in an effort to give back to those they say already give so much.
The Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors' appointment of Minnie Fox to the OCH Regional Medical Center Board of Trustees appears on hold after supervisors failed to approve the motion Monday.
Five of the six members of Mississippi's congressional delegation say they'll vote against the U.S. taking military action in Syria.
A dump truck accident cut power to 400 4-County Electric customers and canceled early afternoon classes at East Mississippi Community College's Golden Triangle campus Monday.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY