President Barack Obama is heading into the lion's den of Russia, confronting Syria's key patron as well as foreign leaders skeptical of his call for an international military strike against Bashar Assad's government.
Two firms will watch over Lowndes County's $30 million nest egg for a 30-month trial period. After a day of hearing presentations from three financial consulting companies, the Lowndes County Reserve and Trust Fund Board of Trustees voted unanimously Tuesday to select Stephens Capital Management and Renasant Wealth Management to manage and invest the money from the county's hospital sale.
Three Columbus council members are going to a Washington, D.C., conference later this month, but a dispute over whether taxpayers should pay for the trip took place during Tuesday's city council meeting.
A Lowndes County man was sentenced Tuesday to 30 years in prison after pleading to sexual battery and armed robbery.
On Tuesday at noon, Mississippi 1st District Congressman Alan Nunnelee said that if he had to vote "right now" on whether the United States should intervene in Syria, his vote would be "No."
Testimony is expected to continue today in the murder trial of Ranzino Ahmad Harris, who is charged with the 2010 shooting death of Justin Murray.
The Starkville Board of Aldermen's message to city department heads was simple: Be prepared to deal with more budget cuts as we trim back a proposed tax increase.
Jury selection is scheduled to begin today in Lowndes County Circuit Court in the 2010 death of Justin Murray.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY