Despite the rising price of college tuition, local universities insist the rewards exceed the cost. The eight public universities across the state of Mississippi will increase tuition rates by an average of 6.4 percent to $6,329 per school year.
Lowndes County supervisors will review a draft of an ordinance that would force nightclubs to close at 1 a.m. if approved during their recess meeting Monday.
A Chancery Court Judge has ruled to dismiss a lawsuit filed against the Columbus Municipal School District by former superintendent Dr. Martha Liddell.
Three people have been arrested and charged with capital murder in connection with the Friday morning shooting death of a Starkville man.
Sturgis Mayor Walter Turner said he is hopeful the city will name a new police chief by the end of the month and then begin hiring officers after recent board action and subsequent resignations depleted the town's law enforcement agency.
To date, Clay County has not had an economic development district. That will change Monday when a seven-member Clay County Economic Development District board will hold its first meeting at 9 a.m.
The Lowndes County School Board will consider moving its monthly morning meetings to the afternoon.
A federal judge has rescheduled the sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
The litany of charges against a Cleveland man outline in numbing detail the crimes his victims allegedly suffered over 10 years of imprisonment: August 2002, kidnapping. September 2004, kidnapping. November 2006, aggravated murder.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY