The Columbus-Lowndes Convention and Visitors Bureau was one of seven tourism entities across the state to receive Research-In-Action awards at the Governor's Conference on Tourism held in late September.
Malinda Dale has the spirit of a fighter. Seven years after being diagnosed with breast cancer, the mother of three still speaks with determination in talking about her battle with cancer.
The government shutdown entered its second week with no end in sight and ominous signs that the United States was closer to the first default in the nation's history as Speaker John Boehner ruled out any measure to boost borrowing authority without concessions from President Barack Obama.
Funds set aside by the state for a Lowndes County road can be put to use now that the county can acquire an easement needed to proceed with improving the road.
They are out there now, those pieces of stray cotton crowding the edges of some Golden Triangle roads. For decades, around this time of year when farmers head into fields to harvest, cotton has been roadside scenery in Mississippi.
Increased Greater Starkville Development Partnership revenues will help pay for more advertising and marketing, a tool CEO Jennifer Gregory says directly impacts tourism and out-of-town spending in Starkville.
The Pentagon is ordering most of its approximately 400,000 furloughed civilian employees back to work.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY