An investigation into organized dog fighting and gambling in the Southeast resulted in 12 arrests and the seizure of 367 pits bulls in one of the nation's largest crackdowns on the bloody exhibitions.
The doctor is no longer in. When longtime Mississippi State University team physician and Longest Student Health Center director Robert C. "Bob" Collins first came to the MSU campus it was 1977 and he planned on staying three to five years.
Twelve financial firms that submitted proposals to manage Lowndes County's $30 million hospital trust fund will be narrowed to three this week.
The chairman of the Mississippi Democratic Party says he has one big goal for the 2015 state elections: Regaining control of the Legislature, thereby limiting Republican Philip Gunn to a single term as speaker of the House.
Problems are emerging for KiOR, the Texas-based alternative fuel company that began converting wood chips to fuel at its Columbus biorefinery earlier this year.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY