Former Columbus Municipal School Superintendent Martha Liddell's termination hearing has been rescheduled for the second time.
Angela Farrell, 44, of Millport, Ala., was arrested last Thursday after a Lowndes County Sheriff's Department investigation. Farrell teaches at New Hope Elementary School. Detective Tony Cooper said Farrell sent multiple text messages and emails to her ex-husband after he asked her to stop.
Mississippi's College Board announced its decision to extend MUW President Jim Borsig's contract for four years Wednesday. State officials said in a release that Borsig's role in the quality of the university's effort to recruit and retain students, as well its approach to ensuring students complete degrees, has led to The W "thriving" during Borsig's leadership.
She always loved reading. So much so that when she was a child her father, a Methodist minister, would make jokes about how impossible it was to get her nose out of books. Despite that teasing, Mary Helen Waggoner never left books behind. She grew up and became a librarian.
The first step toward constructing a new Mississippi Highway Patrol headquarters for Troop G will occur Tuesday when Oktibbeha County formally donates a parcel of Cornerstone Park to the organization.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY