With Congress potentially cutting billions of dollars from the federal food stamp program -- now known as SNAP -- in coming years, local food pantries are preparing themselves for an increased demand. Pastor Jody Gurley of First Assembly of God Care Center in Columbus said the potential cuts could have a noticeable impact.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY