Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed three members to the Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board, the board responsible for approving and overseeing public charter schools in Mississippi.
The Tennessee Valley Authority didn't sell as much electricity in its third fiscal quarter as last year's equivalent period, but it produced more cheap power.
The food of the future could do with a pinch of seasoning -- and maybe some cheese. Two volunteers who took the first public bites of hamburger grown in a laboratory gave it good marks for texture but agreed there was something missing.
Kirk Sudduth gets them himself. That way, he knows it is done right. "I live here. I was born here. I was raised here," said Sudduth, the superintendent for the Mississippi Department of Transportation in Lowndes County. "So I'm sympathetic to them."
As city officials prepare to meet for a second special workshop to set the city's Fiscal Year 2014 budget, one thing department heads will have to consider from the previous meeting is reality.
If a girl younger than 16 gives birth and won't name the father, a new Mississippi law -- likely the first of its kind in the country -- says authorities must collect umbilical cord blood and run DNA tests to prove paternity as a step toward prosecuting statutory rape cases.
For a hamburger that cost more than $300,000, you might expect fries and a shake too.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY