A consultant who works with municipal travel organizations across the country had several suggestions for Columbus and Lowndes County after gathering community input and observing the area.
A year after two Columbus firefighters and a police officer were suspended for "liking" a Facebook post, the city does not have a social media policy in place.
David Reese, who is 59 and soft-spoken, has for almost three decades operated Reese Orchard in Sessums, a rural community in east Oktibbeha County. There is a sign where customers drive up that says, "Welcome. Please use intercom or honk," because a lot of times Reese is out and about on the orchard. It is mostly a one-man operation.
Election Commissioner Myles Carpenter says Oktibbeha County poll workers are ready for Tuesday's prosecutor race and are informed on how to handle potential voting issues that emerged during this year's municipal primaries.
Starkville Police Department is searching for five men after $14,000 in Apple iPads was stolen from Walmart Wednesday.
Brian Holliman is filing an appeal to his August conviction of first-degree murder.
Columbus Mayor Robert Smith received a letter from Lawrence Transit System on Thursday stating that the private bus service could begin providing service to the city "within 30 days."
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Women entrepreneurs talk business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY