All Caledonia Schools will dismiss early today after a transformer blew this morning, leaving some of the buildings without power. School will dismiss at 1:15 p.m.
Unity Park plaques honoring civil rights champions could remain covered until mid- to late-October. Supervisors last week set tentative dates -- Oct. 19 and 26 -- as potential days to hold a dedication ceremony.
Previous discussion about how to fund a $96,000 Starkville Parks Commission budget increase seems moot as aldermen are expected to approve funding which does not utilize 2-percent food and beverage taxes.
The Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors' monthly meetings could become bi-monthly. A recommendation to amend the organization's by-laws ordering directors to meet every other month will be on the table during today's meeting.
Motorists driving on Highway 45 in Columbus may pass an unusual sight Wednesday -- hundreds of high school students carrying a glowing cross down the side of the road.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY