For the second year in a row, the Columbus Municipal School District has been rated a "D" by the Mississippi Department of Education. The Lowndes County School District maintained its "B" rating.
Conceptual designs for a pedestrian connection between the Riverwalk to the Columbus Soccer Complex have been completed and the project is on schedule to begin construction in the spring, project engineer Kevin Stafford of Neel-Schaffer Engineering said Thursday.
The approach of fall means different things to different people. To Martin Andrews, it means the busiest time of the year.
Oktibbeha County School District and Starkville School District earned 'C' grades from the Mississippi Department of Education based on last year's state testing scores.
Dr. Erin Kempker will present the program "The Union, the War and Elvira Scott: One Woman's Experience on the Missouri-Kansas Border during the Civil War."
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY