It will likely be December before Columbus officials learn if they will be awarded a grant that would fund renovations to City Hall, but preliminary work is already taking place in anticipation of the grant.
Severstal Columbus, a steel plant in Lowndes County, sits on roughly 1,400 acres just east of the Golden Triangle Regional Airport. But what do they actually do there? Madhu Ranade, the plant's vice president and general manager, answered that question while speaking to the Columbus Rotary Club at the Lion Hills Golf Club on Tuesday.
A Mississippi Highway Patrolman and a pregnant woman were among those involved in a fiery head-on collision on Highway 45 North Tuesday night.
Flu season has officially arrived in Mississippi. The Mississippi State Department of Health released a press release Tuesday confirming the first cases of influenza in the state.
The Commission on Starkville School District Structure approved its agenda Tuesday for Nov. 7's public hearing, a meeting which will focus on the group's tentative plan to successfully merge Oktibbeha County and SSD students into one unified system in 2015.
Interim Oktibbeha County Prosecutor Haley Brown holds a significant lead in campaign financing over her two opponents, Brace Knox and Matthew Wilson, outpacing both in donations and expenses used toward Nov. 5's special election, documentation shows.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Women entrepreneurs talk business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY