Starkville aldermen unanimously tasked Community Developer William Snowden with reviewing the city's sidewalk and landscaping ordinances after two representatives --Ward 2's Lisa Wynn and Ward 3's David Little -- said the rules place unfair, economic development-prohibiting burdens on property owners.
Congress plunged the nation into a partial government shutdown today as a long-running dispute over President Barack Obama's health care law stalled a temporary funding bill, forcing about 800,000 federal workers off the job and suspending most non-essential federal programs and services.
Columbus residents can expect two new dining options to open on Highway 45 North, one offering old-fashioned hamburgers and the other providing a sports-themed grill and bar.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY