Golden Triangle Development Link officials will be on the agenda for the next county and city board meetings seeking a tax increment financing agreement associated with a potential retail development in Columbus.
A day after Lowndes County received a Mississippi attorney general opinion stating a supervisor owing money to the county could not receive his salary until he paid up, Leroy Brooks cut the county a check. For $199.
As Yokohama officials prepare to break ground on a Clay County tire manufacturing plant next Monday, behind-the-scenes work has been taking place to get the project started on the right foot, Golden Triangle Development Link and West Point officials said.
Emboldened conservatives who forced House Republican leaders to push a stopgap spending bill that unravels President Barack Obama's health care law are digging in for a long fight, determined to stop "Obamacare" before the first individual signs up in less than two weeks.
Oktibbeha County consolidation efforts could yield a long-discussed partnership with Mississippi State University to establish a demonstration school, or at least a more-rigorous partnership, which will help the university engage in rural renewal efforts on an educational level.
Eighteen-year-old Mississippi State University freshman Kaleb Dwayne Barker, of Lucedale, was killed as a result of multiple blunt crush injuries Tuesday after he was thrown from the bed of a pickup truck and then struck by the vehicle, according to the Starkville Police Department.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY