All Caledonia Schools will dismiss early today after a transformer blew this morning, leaving some of the buildings without power. School will dismiss at 1:15 p.m.
Unity Park plaques honoring civil rights champions could remain covered until mid- to late-October. Supervisors last week set tentative dates -- Oct. 19 and 26 -- as potential days to hold a dedication ceremony.
Previous discussion about how to fund a $96,000 Starkville Parks Commission budget increase seems moot as aldermen are expected to approve funding which does not utilize 2-percent food and beverage taxes.
The Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors' monthly meetings could become bi-monthly. A recommendation to amend the organization's by-laws ordering directors to meet every other month will be on the table during today's meeting.
Motorists driving on Highway 45 in Columbus may pass an unusual sight Wednesday -- hundreds of high school students carrying a glowing cross down the side of the road.
The Lowndes County Board of Supervisors authorized county fire services coordinator Sammy Fondren to explore a co-op with volunteer fire departments in eastern Oktibbeha and Clay counties that would provide fire services in Mayhew.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY