Lowndes County residents living outside of Columbus will see a millage decrease when the 2013-14 fiscal year begins in October.
Oktibbeha County supervisors approved a $29.63 million operating budget for the upcoming fiscal year that provides an across-the-board, 3 percent pay raise for full-time employees and allocates monies for East Mississippi Community College capital improvement projects.
The Lowndes County School District is changing the time of their early release Wednesday, effective immediately.
For the second year in a row, the Columbus Municipal School District has been rated a "D" by the Mississippi Department of Education. The Lowndes County School District maintained its "B" rating.
Conceptual designs for a pedestrian connection between the Riverwalk to the Columbus Soccer Complex have been completed and the project is on schedule to begin construction in the spring, project engineer Kevin Stafford of Neel-Schaffer Engineering said Thursday.
The approach of fall means different things to different people. To Martin Andrews, it means the busiest time of the year.
Oktibbeha County School District and Starkville School District earned 'C' grades from the Mississippi Department of Education based on last year's state testing scores.
Dr. Erin Kempker will present the program "The Union, the War and Elvira Scott: One Woman's Experience on the Missouri-Kansas Border during the Civil War."
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY