Thirty days means 30 days. By a 3-2 vote, the Columbus City Council approved a request from Lawrence Transit System for a 30-day extension to begin bus service to the city. The vote came during Tuesday's council meeting. With the vote, the council stipulated that if the buses aren't rolling by Dec. 6, the city's contract with LTS is null and void.
Stacey Pickering talks in terms of numbers, stats, percentages. Of course, in his role as the state auditor -- essentially he is Mississippi's top accountant -- Pickering's affinity for reducing the world to data is understandable.
Two companies providing materials to KiOR's Columbus plant will join the renewable fuel manufacturer in paying a fee in lieu of city ad valorem taxes.
Interim Oktibbeha County Prosecutor Haley Brown easily defeated two challengers during a special election Tuesday, securing almost 70 percent of countywide ballots.
Despite Ward 4 Alderman Jason Walker's pleas for openness and transparency on an impending sidewalk and ordinance review process, his proposal creating a seven-person review committee and shaping its goals died in a 5-2 vote Tuesday.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Registering their dissent: Nearly 1,000 attend Women's March in Jackson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY