The first step toward constructing a new Mississippi Highway Patrol headquarters for Troop G will occur Tuesday when Oktibbeha County formally donates a parcel of Cornerstone Park to the organization.
About a month ago, Dan Bennett, a local eye doctor, and his wife, Kim, purchased the building at 513 Main St. Planning is ongoing, so nothing has been finalized, but Kim Bennett said she and her husband are "99 percent sure" they will rent the 3,000 square feet out to a restaurateur.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY