A consultant who works with municipal travel organizations across the country had several suggestions for Columbus and Lowndes County after gathering community input and observing the area.
A year after two Columbus firefighters and a police officer were suspended for "liking" a Facebook post, the city does not have a social media policy in place.
David Reese, who is 59 and soft-spoken, has for almost three decades operated Reese Orchard in Sessums, a rural community in east Oktibbeha County. There is a sign where customers drive up that says, "Welcome. Please use intercom or honk," because a lot of times Reese is out and about on the orchard. It is mostly a one-man operation.
Election Commissioner Myles Carpenter says Oktibbeha County poll workers are ready for Tuesday's prosecutor race and are informed on how to handle potential voting issues that emerged during this year's municipal primaries.
Starkville Police Department is searching for five men after $14,000 in Apple iPads was stolen from Walmart Wednesday.
Brian Holliman is filing an appeal to his August conviction of first-degree murder.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY