Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will formally issue a special session call this afternoon to state legislators to consider an economic development package.
With the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life fast approaching, local volunteers are furiously working to pull off the fund-raiser. At the center of all the hustle and bustle is Mott Ellis.
Air traffic controller furloughs as a result of sequestration have had no effect on operations at Golden Triangle Regional Airport, Executive Director Mike Hainsey said Monday.
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant confirmed Monday that a call for a special session related to an economic development project is forthcoming.
Two neighboring Columbus schools were on lockdown Monday morning after they reported a suspicious person in the area.
Starkville is proceeding with a traffic study to analyze one of the main city-Mississippi State University thoroughfares, and officials say the project will help with future grant applications to improve the area's pedestrian connections.
Two new after-school tutoring programs will focus on helping under-performing elementary students. Project Boost and Project Blast began last week within the Columbus Municipal School District and are being offered at four of the district's elementary schools.
More discussion is likely today of the mental state of the Mississippi man accused of mailing poisoned letters to President Barack Obama, a U.S. senator and a local judge.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY