Stuart Millner flew into Columbus for the 26th time Tuesday morning. It certainly won't be his last trip to town.
Two weeks before a scheduled public hearing on the matter, some Columbus residents are already voicing their opposition to the possible closing of six railroad closing on the city's south side.
State representative Tyrone Ellis is in ICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson after suffering a stroke, hospital officials confirmed this morning.
In an "overwhelming response" to a survey offered during student registration, parents said they wanted their children to be allowed to wear purple and gold polo shirts, as well as their school spirit shirts, in addition to their white and blue polo shirts, according to Deputy Superintendent Craig Shannon.
There were no injuries reported after a fire broke out Tuesday night at the Severstal steel manufacturing plant on Airport Road.
A posse of state officials and gun advocates has asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to let them file briefs in support of the state's open-carry law.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY