The Columbus City Council approved plans for a Dec. 5 strategic planning retreat to be held at the Plymouth Bluff Center. Phil Hardwick, project manager at the John C. Stennis Institute of Government and Community Development at Mississippi State University, will facilitate the retreat.
Lowndes County supervisors approved a request Tuesday from Columbus Mayor Robert Smith to donate the county's interest in the Old Tombigbee River bridge and property west of the river to the city.
A Nov. 4 public hearing has been set for a $3.8 million tax increment financing plan for infrastructure improvements on what will be two new hotels going up near 18th Avenue North and Sixth Street North.
By the end of this week Brandon Presley, the public service commissioner for Mississippi's northern district, will sign an order allowing Caledonia to change the rate at which it charges customers for water.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY