Starkville police officers are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed someone after first asking for money.
State Senator Terry Brown of Columbus has started treatment after being diagnosed with cancer. State Rep. Gary Chism, R-Columbus, a long-time colleague of Brown in the state legislature, said Brown was diagnosed with stage one cancer last week and has a neuroendocrine tumor on his left lung.
In order to meet the needs of their ever growing population, the Lowndes County School system is expanding. During Monday night's school board meeting, board members unanimously approved a motion to build a new elementary school on the Caledonia campus.
Two Columbus women were arrested after they got into an altercation near a local pumpkin patch.
Officials with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle say all the changes the Affordable Care Act will bring to our nation's healthcare system have yet to shake out. From the hospital's standpoint, that doesn't matter.
A Columbus doctor has been found not guilty in connection with the death of a local lawyer. Dr. Jerry Stennett was accused of medical malpractice in the events leading up to the death of Hunter Gholson.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY