Twelve area residents pitched various ideas -- defund the Affordable Care Act, get out of Common Core educational standards and protect gun owners' rights -- during Miss. House Speaker Phillip Gunn's "Mississippi Solutions -- An Ideas Tour" stop Tuesday at Mississippi State University.
Severstal's big efforts to become more energy efficient were rewarded with a big check Tuesday. Tennessee Valley Authority officials presented the automotive steel manufacturer with $2.5 million for reducing its usage 25,251,390 kilowatt-hours.
West Point selectmen awarded Missouri-based KAJACS Contractors the contract for water and sewer extension to what will be the Yokohama Tire Company site in Clay County during their meeting Tuesday.
It is unlikely that Columbus councilmen will consider a proposal to close railroad crossings on Southside this year, but options remain on the table and the situation may be re-addressed in 2014.
Civilian workers at Columbus Air Force Base are back on the job. On Oct. 1, 230 of CAFB's 1,277 civilian workers were immediately furloughed when the federal government shut down over a funding impasse.
Lowndes County supervisors on Monday approved paving the Coretta Street entrance to the Columbus Soccer Complex over Moore's Creek.
The plan moving forward for the Lowndes County School District's proposed vocational school is becoming clearer.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY