It is unlikely that Columbus councilmen will consider a proposal to close railroad crossings on Southside this year, but options remain on the table and the situation may be re-addressed in 2014.
Civilian workers at Columbus Air Force Base are back on the job. On Oct. 1, 230 of CAFB's 1,277 civilian workers were immediately furloughed when the federal government shut down over a funding impasse.
Lowndes County supervisors on Monday approved paving the Coretta Street entrance to the Columbus Soccer Complex over Moore's Creek.
The plan moving forward for the Lowndes County School District's proposed vocational school is becoming clearer.
1. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY