Travis Jones, federal programs director for the city of Columbus, has been suspended from his job for five days without pay. Human Resources Director Pat Mitchell confirmed Jones' suspension Thursday.
As Mississippi University for Women celebrates 40 years of nursing, students and faculty are ready to usher in the next generation of nurses. The university celebrated its anniversary Thursday night with a guided tour of Martin Hall and a moonlight dinner.
Thanks to an effort by a local school district, soldiers serving in Afghanistan will soon have over 1,000 tubes of lip balm.
Former Columbus Municipal School Superintendent Martha Liddell's termination hearing has been rescheduled for the second time.
1. Columbus mayoral race gets ugly COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life in prison for capital murder of Lowndes teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ceco property sold to investment group COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. E-911 workers get ultimatum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Young gets 50 years for 2015 gas station shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY