A Columbus drug roundup put 13 people behind bars Friday with police still searching for 36 more. Chief of Police Selvain McQueen said the roundup, titled "Operation Three Choices," went well. "It was part of an initiative to make Columbus a better place to live, to work, to visit and to play," McQueen said.
They couldn't get it in the boat. This was last Sunday at midnight. Ben Mask and his father, Wayne Mask, and their friend, Dusty Kelly, had caught it a couple of hours earlier, about 10 p.m., in Tibbee Creek in Clay County: a 620-pound alligator.
Lowndes County residents living outside of Columbus will see a millage decrease when the 2013-14 fiscal year begins in October.
Oktibbeha County supervisors approved a $29.63 million operating budget for the upcoming fiscal year that provides an across-the-board, 3 percent pay raise for full-time employees and allocates monies for East Mississippi Community College capital improvement projects.
The Lowndes County School District is changing the time of their early release Wednesday, effective immediately.
1. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Superintendent candidates see great potential in SOCSD STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Chism cries foul on Senate BP money bill COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY