Stacey Pickering talks in terms of numbers, stats, percentages. Of course, in his role as the state auditor -- essentially he is Mississippi's top accountant -- Pickering's affinity for reducing the world to data is understandable.
Two companies providing materials to KiOR's Columbus plant will join the renewable fuel manufacturer in paying a fee in lieu of city ad valorem taxes.
Interim Oktibbeha County Prosecutor Haley Brown easily defeated two challengers during a special election Tuesday, securing almost 70 percent of countywide ballots.
Despite Ward 4 Alderman Jason Walker's pleas for openness and transparency on an impending sidewalk and ordinance review process, his proposal creating a seven-person review committee and shaping its goals died in a 5-2 vote Tuesday.
Lowndes County will advertise for a new voting machine system that scans paper ballots. Supervisors passed a request from county purchasing clerk Terry Thompson to solicit bids by a 4-1 vote. Leroy Brooks was the only opposing vote.
1. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MSU borrowing to build $9M parking garage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Locals recognizing the history, purpose of Memorial Day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY