Flu season has officially arrived in Mississippi. The Mississippi State Department of Health released a press release Tuesday confirming the first cases of influenza in the state.
The Commission on Starkville School District Structure approved its agenda Tuesday for Nov. 7's public hearing, a meeting which will focus on the group's tentative plan to successfully merge Oktibbeha County and SSD students into one unified system in 2015.
Interim Oktibbeha County Prosecutor Haley Brown holds a significant lead in campaign financing over her two opponents, Brace Knox and Matthew Wilson, outpacing both in donations and expenses used toward Nov. 5's special election, documentation shows.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cold case arrest brings closure to family COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY