All Caledonia Schools will dismiss early today after a transformer blew this morning, leaving some of the buildings without power. School will dismiss at 1:15 p.m.
Unity Park plaques honoring civil rights champions could remain covered until mid- to late-October. Supervisors last week set tentative dates -- Oct. 19 and 26 -- as potential days to hold a dedication ceremony.
Previous discussion about how to fund a $96,000 Starkville Parks Commission budget increase seems moot as aldermen are expected to approve funding which does not utilize 2-percent food and beverage taxes.
The Columbus Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors' monthly meetings could become bi-monthly. A recommendation to amend the organization's by-laws ordering directors to meet every other month will be on the table during today's meeting.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY