Republicans plan to seek answers from Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on the Obama administration's troubled start for its health care website to buy insurance, and are raising concerns about the privacy of information that applicants submit under the new system.
Republican Thad Cochran has had to break a sweat once since winning one of Mississippi's two U.S. Senate seats in 1978.
The Columbus Municipal School District plans to hire two additional armed security guards thanks to a matching grant provided by the Mississippi Department of Education.
The Reynolds R. Ridgley Wastewater Treatment Plant in Columbus has the capacity to treat 10 million gallons of wastewater a day. It typically sees 6-8 million gallons on a daily basis. Consecutive heavy rains sustained early this summer might have presented a challenge for the plant if there weren't two massive storm lagoons totaling 80 acres just outside the entrance gate.
Every morning without fail, before Peter Jones Jr., catches the bus bound for New Hope High School, he hugs his father and mother. For Peter it's a simple act of affection. For his parents it is that and more. His father teared up last week talking about his son's hugs. "I'm an emotional type of guy anyway," Peter Sr. said. "But especially when it comes to my son."
Cable One announced Friday it has reached an agreement with Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. to return nine channels operated by Turner Network to its lineup, ending a three-week stalemate in contract negotiations.
Starkville Municipal Clerk Debra Wood resigned her position Friday after aldermen gave her the choice to resign for be fired, city officials confirmed Saturday.
1. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MSU borrowing to build $9M parking garage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Locals recognizing the history, purpose of Memorial Day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY