An appeal hearing for convicted murderer Brian Holliman was continued Tuesday morning due to a clerical error.
A Columbus organization is one step closer to submitting a charter school application to the state. Columbus Coalition for Educational Options hosted a public information forum Tuesday night to talk about their plans for a public charter school and answer questions from citizens about what a charter school could mean for local students.
Johnathan Keaton, 27, of 24 Priscilla Circle, was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Monday morning and charged with one count of sexual battery. Keaton allegedly sexually assaulted a child under the age of 14, according to law enforcement.
Talks with Mississippi State University officials about the school's partnership with the upcoming consolidated school district are leaning toward the possible construction of a demonstration site located on the campus' intramural fields, Starkville School District Superintendent Lewis Holloway told school board members Tuesday.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lincoln collection lands at MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY