Fall feels different this year. For one thing, so far I've spent too much of it inside. I missed the Harvest Moon rising over the lake. I forgot to send Martha Hammond the first red leaf I saw along my road.
Losing a hard-fought battle confers no dishonor, but losing a badly chosen battle is embarrassing.
Three men were arrested Thursday morning after allegedly attempting to sell property they had stolen hours before.
The 31st installment of the Seventh Avenue Heritage Festival will honor late Columbus resident Alva N. Temple and highlight his accomplishments in the air and on the ground.
A Columbus hotel whose construction on Highway 45 has seemingly been on and off for three years will open for business early next year, the hotel's developer says.
C Spire officials announced Thursday the company will build a $22 million data-processing center at Mississippi State University's Thad Cochran Research Park, a move which marks the first significant Oktibbeha County investment landed by the Golden Triangle Development Link.
The Commission on Consolidated Starkville School District Structure laid out two plans to address short- and long-term, merger-created logistical needs Thursday but did not cement options on how to successfully join the two systems' student populations in 2015.
A University of Mississippi professor says that a group of Ole Miss students, including football players, disrupted a production of a campus play with "hate speech" on Tuesday night.
Law enforcement authorities were investigating why a Connecticut woman tried to breach a barrier at the White House, setting off a high-speed car chase that put the Capitol on lockdown and ended with her being shot dead by police.
1. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MSU borrowing to build $9M parking garage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Locals recognizing the history, purpose of Memorial Day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY