A Columbus Municipal Judge took to her Facebook page to portray a member of the Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees as an Uncle Tom. Screen shots from Judge Nicole Clinkscales' Facebook page reveal comments suggesting that Columbus Municipal School Board member Aubra Turner was guilty of "tom" foolery.
State senator Terry Brown begins his second round of chemotherapy today and will head to Jackson next week to fulfill his legislative duties.
By day, Jimmie Nance is typically busy shifting gears on an excavator, demolishing dilapidated houses. On Thursday in the Northaven Woods community, Nance was lowering the boom and opening the thumb and bucket on the large apparatus to uproot a small, stubborn tree.
A federal judge Monday blocked Gov. Phil Bryant from compelling Mississippi's largest health insurer to resume paying its in-network rate to a chain of 10 hospitals. U.S. District Judge Henry T. Wingate read a temporary restraining order from the bench saying Bryant didn't provide enough proof to justify an executive order he issued last week.
The Starkville Academy Board of Directors will soon begin discussing two upcoming vacancies after Head of School John "Doc" Stephens and Elementary Principal Cherie Maynard announced their intentions to resign at the end of the academic year for family reasons.
Three people charged with a July capital murder in Starkville were bound over last week to the county court system, Starkville Municipal Court Administrator Tony Rook confirmed Monday.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY