The Mississippi Department of Public Safety is seeking 45 percent more money from the state general fund for the coming year, a far-larger increase than any other agency has requested during this week's state budget hearings.
A Lowndes County couple was arrested Monday after they led law enforcement on a high-speed chase through Columbus.
A single-vehicle accident at McDonald's Tuesday killed a Mississippi State University freshman and landed the truck's driver, who was also the victim's roommate, behind bars.
Columbus councilman Bill Gavin's motion to require any city employee or official wishing to travel on taxpayer money to submit a written request and cost estimate will be reviewed in a future meeting.
A community-wide health initiative will soon be taking place in Lowndes County. Passport to Wellness is a year-long initiative sponsored by Mississippi University for Women that partners with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation and local schools.
Starkville aldermen moved up a pending pay raise for themselves and Mayor Parker Wiseman by a year Tuesday while at the same time codifying a 1.98-mill property tax increase.
The Columbus city council approved a loan from Mississippi Development Bank to finance the cost of Trotter Convention Center renovations Tuesday.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY