A Chancery Court Judge has ruled to dismiss a lawsuit filed against the Columbus Municipal School District by former superintendent Dr. Martha Liddell.
Three people have been arrested and charged with capital murder in connection with the Friday morning shooting death of a Starkville man.
Sturgis Mayor Walter Turner said he is hopeful the city will name a new police chief by the end of the month and then begin hiring officers after recent board action and subsequent resignations depleted the town's law enforcement agency.
To date, Clay County has not had an economic development district. That will change Monday when a seven-member Clay County Economic Development District board will hold its first meeting at 9 a.m.
The Lowndes County School Board will consider moving its monthly morning meetings to the afternoon.
A federal judge has rescheduled the sentencing of a man who pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography in Columbus.
The litany of charges against a Cleveland man outline in numbing detail the crimes his victims allegedly suffered over 10 years of imprisonment: August 2002, kidnapping. September 2004, kidnapping. November 2006, aggravated murder.
As jurors deliberated for a second day in George Zimmerman's murder trial, there was little understanding between two camps assembled outside the Seminole County Courthouse to await a verdict.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY