A Columbus man sentenced to serve four years in prison as a habitual offender is scheduled to be paroled and live under house arrest after less than six months behind bars.
At the 11th edition of Columbus' Roast-n-boast festival last year, Chris Morgan and his South Eastern Cookers grilling team received an award that meant more to him than the prize money that came with others his team won before.
Catfish Alley committee members have set Sept. 5 as the date for a ribbon cutting and unveiling of a monument commemorating the historic area that was once the epicenter of the city's black business community.
Starkville Parks Commission will formally dedicate one of the Sportsplex's main facilities after famed NBA forward and Starkville native Travis Outlaw on Friday.
A 14-year-old Mississippi boy has been charged with murder in the slaying of his father, and a police officer charged as an accessory to the killing is also charged with sexual battery of the boy.
City leaders Tuesday gave the contract to renovate Columbus' downtown convention center to Major Andrews IV, a local architect who started Major Design Studio earlier this year.
In early May two veterans put some canned chili and a few hundred copies of the U.S. Constitution in a Chevrolet Astro van and took off from San Diego for Washington, D.C. They took a southern-route. On Tuesday, they made it to the Golden Triangle.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY