Stuart Millner flew into Columbus for the 26th time Tuesday morning. It certainly won't be his last trip to town.
Two weeks before a scheduled public hearing on the matter, some Columbus residents are already voicing their opposition to the possible closing of six railroad closing on the city's south side.
State representative Tyrone Ellis is in ICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson after suffering a stroke, hospital officials confirmed this morning.
In an "overwhelming response" to a survey offered during student registration, parents said they wanted their children to be allowed to wear purple and gold polo shirts, as well as their school spirit shirts, in addition to their white and blue polo shirts, according to Deputy Superintendent Craig Shannon.
There were no injuries reported after a fire broke out Tuesday night at the Severstal steel manufacturing plant on Airport Road.
A posse of state officials and gun advocates has asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to let them file briefs in support of the state's open-carry law.
The contract to maintain one of Columbus' most enduring landmarks will soon be up for bid.
Longtime Columbus attorney Bill Bambach has died. He was 73 years old. Bambach died Friday in Birmingham at the University of Alabama Hospital after a battle with heart disease.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY