Law enforcement authorities were investigating why a Connecticut woman tried to breach a barrier at the White House, setting off a high-speed car chase that put the Capitol on lockdown and ended with her being shot dead by police.
A Caledonia man has been charged with exploitation of a child after he allegedly tried to meet a 13-year-old girl at a local grocery store for sex.
A mentally disabled Columbus man is in critical condition after he was severely beaten Wednesday morning.
A company operating as "Record Transfer Services" based out Wilmington, Del., has been mailing notices to people who have just purchased property in Lowndes County to sell them copies of their deeds for $83.
A teacher saved a student's life last Friday. Jack Sellers, a third-grader at New Hope Elementary, was in his classroom working on a project with Life Savers when he attempted to swallow a piece of the candy. The candy lodged in his airway and the 8-year-old began to choke.
As Starkville's weekend population swells with visitors to Bulldog Bash and Mississippi State University's home game against Louisiana State University, local law enforcement agencies will increase the amount of officers patrolling city and county roads.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY