Unemployment numbers in the Golden Triangle and across the state decreased noticeably in July. With the exception of Clay County, the rates were down at least more than one percentage point in Lowndes, Oktibbeha and Noxubee counties, according to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, which released updated figures Wednesday.
A Columbus man sentenced to serve four years in prison as a habitual offender is scheduled to be paroled and live under house arrest after less than six months behind bars.
At the 11th edition of Columbus' Roast-n-boast festival last year, Chris Morgan and his South Eastern Cookers grilling team received an award that meant more to him than the prize money that came with others his team won before.
Catfish Alley committee members have set Sept. 5 as the date for a ribbon cutting and unveiling of a monument commemorating the historic area that was once the epicenter of the city's black business community.
Starkville Parks Commission will formally dedicate one of the Sportsplex's main facilities after famed NBA forward and Starkville native Travis Outlaw on Friday.
A 14-year-old Mississippi boy has been charged with murder in the slaying of his father, and a police officer charged as an accessory to the killing is also charged with sexual battery of the boy.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY