A mentally disabled Columbus man is in critical condition after he was severely beaten Wednesday morning.
A company operating as "Record Transfer Services" based out Wilmington, Del., has been mailing notices to people who have just purchased property in Lowndes County to sell them copies of their deeds for $83.
A teacher saved a student's life last Friday. Jack Sellers, a third-grader at New Hope Elementary, was in his classroom working on a project with Life Savers when he attempted to swallow a piece of the candy. The candy lodged in his airway and the 8-year-old began to choke.
As Starkville's weekend population swells with visitors to Bulldog Bash and Mississippi State University's home game against Louisiana State University, local law enforcement agencies will increase the amount of officers patrolling city and county roads.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY