A Swedish inventor's experiments with a new power source for electric cars caused a bomb scare that paralyzed parts of the Danish capital, Copenhagen, for three hours on Tuesday.
Between Lowndes County school and board of supervisors funds, $402,330 will have to be repaid to Weyerhaeuser, a wood manufacturer with an area plant, as a result of an inaccurate tax rendition by the company's recently acquired tax firm.
Columbus Mayor Robert Smith is set to discuss the city's engineering services during tonight's city council meeting at the municipal complex.
Capella Healthcare offered $45 million upfront for a 50-year OCH Regional Medical Center lease and pledged to keep all active employees, documents show.
The Greater Starkville Development Partnership named Heath Barret, the Mississippi State University coordinator of transfer recruitment, as its newest director of membership development, CEO Jennifer Gregory announced Monday.
Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed three members to the Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board, the board responsible for approving and overseeing public charter schools in Mississippi.
The Tennessee Valley Authority didn't sell as much electricity in its third fiscal quarter as last year's equivalent period, but it produced more cheap power.
The food of the future could do with a pinch of seasoning -- and maybe some cheese. Two volunteers who took the first public bites of hamburger grown in a laboratory gave it good marks for texture but agreed there was something missing.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY