PICKENS COUNTY, Ala. — David Todd Stephens, 32, of Gordo, Ala., was arrested in Pickens County by the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and charged with capital murder in the death of his former wife, Tonya Luann Stephens, 30, of Moundville.
A Maben man accused of brutally killing his wife and another woman last summer now faces a possible death sentence in Oktibbeha County Circuit Court.
The Clay County Board of Supervisors is anticipating the passage of a federal stimulus package. And, like counties and municipalities across the state and country, board members are doing their best to make sure they get their fair share of the money when and if it comes.
Because of an increase in reports of fraudulent checks/money orders received within the Columbus area, the Columbus Police Department is urging extra caution.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY