PICKENS COUNTY, Ala. — David Todd Stephens, 32, of Gordo, Ala., was arrested in Pickens County by the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and charged with capital murder in the death of his former wife, Tonya Luann Stephens, 30, of Moundville.
A Maben man accused of brutally killing his wife and another woman last summer now faces a possible death sentence in Oktibbeha County Circuit Court.
The Clay County Board of Supervisors is anticipating the passage of a federal stimulus package. And, like counties and municipalities across the state and country, board members are doing their best to make sure they get their fair share of the money when and if it comes.
Because of an increase in reports of fraudulent checks/money orders received within the Columbus area, the Columbus Police Department is urging extra caution.
1. County 'blindsides' city with increased tax collection fee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CHS championship basketball coach leaves after one year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for allegedly molesting child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two injured when car crashes into Subway COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Woman arrested after allegedly attacking husband for third time this year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY