Mississippi civil-rights activists are preparing to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer in 2014. Some say race relations might've improved, but people must remain vigilant to protect voting rights.
Law enforcement agencies in the Jackson metropolitan area have made dozens of arrests as part of the FBI's roundup of underage prostitutes and human sex traffickers.
State representative Tyrone Ellis is in ICU at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson after suffering a stroke, hospital officials confirmed this morning.
A posse of state officials and gun advocates has asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to let them file briefs in support of the state's open-carry law.
Nissan North American Inc. will announce today an expansion of its vehicle assembly plant in Canton.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation is dealing with its maintenance crisis the only way it can -- shifting money away from new construction to the upkeep of more than 27,000 lane-miles.
It's only 10 jobs, but that's not stopping three of Mississippi's highest officials from lauding a new gun maker.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Sanderson Plumbing seeks buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY