A federal judge Monday blocked Gov. Phil Bryant from compelling Mississippi's largest health insurer to resume paying its in-network rate to a chain of 10 hospitals. U.S. District Judge Henry T. Wingate read a temporary restraining order from the bench saying Bryant didn't provide enough proof to justify an executive order he issued last week.
Republican Thad Cochran has had to break a sweat once since winning one of Mississippi's two U.S. Senate seats in 1978.
Former Greenville schools superintendent Harvey Franklin will be sentenced Nov. 13 for accepting bribes from the seller of a reading program.
Gov. Phil Bryant is ordering Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi to reinstate all 10 hospitals that it kicked out of its network.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY