Food stamp recipients should be able to use their debit-style cards in grocery stores now that vendor Xerox Corp. has restored service after a system outage that affected people across 17 states.
State Senator Terry Brown of Columbus has started treatment after being diagnosed with cancer. State Rep. Gary Chism, R-Columbus, a long-time colleague of Brown in the state legislature, said Brown was diagnosed with stage one cancer last week and has a neuroendocrine tumor on his left lung.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus stabbing leaves one in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY